Testing vs Training
GMetrix Testing and Training Modes
GMetrix offers two modes for practice tests - Training Mode and Testing Mode. Both modes offer the same test pools, and each pool has the same questions in each mode. However, there are some differences between Training mode and Testing mode.
- Training Mode does not have a time limit. It also offers help text and on project tests or 2013 practice exams, and Show Me video help. The help text and videos walk you through each question, step by step. In addition, this mode grades after each question, allowing you to go back through the question.
- Testing Mode has a time limit. The time limit mimics the time limit of the official test. For Microsoft 2010, this is an hour limit. For the 2013 and 2016 practice exam tests, the time limit is 50 minutes. Testing mode does not allow for help text. It grades at the end of the test, as well. Testing mode is created to be as close to the official test as possible, getting you ready to take the official test.
You can review questions that you got wrong in Testing mode. To do this, you need to:
- Log in to gmetrix.net with the same username and password you used on the GMetrix SMS.
- Click the Tests tab.
- Click the Completed tab.
- Click Go next to the test you wish to review.
- Click Review Missed Questions.
In addition, in Training Mode, the questions are all in the same order. This allows teachers to go through the tests in Training Mode and walk through questions with their students. Testing Mode is randomized.