Templates Not Showing
There are several reasons that you may experience problems with templates showing after you launch a GMetrix test.
- Check the permissions. Students, employees, or anyone taking a GMetrix test need to have full Read/Write privileges to their Program Files, App Data folder, and Documents folder. If any of these permissions are not correct, the folders will have difficulty loading properly.
- Check to make sure there is enough space on the Documents folder. Even if it looks like the computer or the folder itself has enough space, ensure that there is at least 10 meg available. You may need to go through the roaming profiles to ensure that the folder has enough space allotted, if you are in a lab-type setting, such as a school or business. If the Documents folder is full, the templates will not be able to copy or load properly.
- Allow GMetrix through your firewall and virus protector. While the virus protector and firewall do not always cause this problem, it is something we have seen in the past. The settings to allow GMetrix through the firewall or virus protector varies depending on the software you are using.
It's a good idea to also ensure that you have the latest version of GMetrix downloaded on the computer. The newest version is always available at gmetrix.net/download. If you have gone through all of these steps and continue to have trouble loading the templates, please contact GMetrix support at email@example.com
If you continue to have problems with templates loading, there are a few options.
Changing the location of the GMetrix Templates folder in v5 or higher
- Open GMetrix.
- Click Options.
- Click the Local User Settings tab.
- Click the Browse(folder) Icon next to the GMetrix Templates Directory.
- Select a location on the system that you know you have read/write access to (student folder, shared drive, or even the desktop in most cases).
- After selecting the location, click on the Save(disk) Icon in the upper right hand corner to lock in the changes.
- When you launch a test, the GMetrix Templates folder will be created in the new location.
Removing and Re-downloading the GMetrix Template files in v5 or higher
- Open GMetrix
- Click Options.
- Click the Tasks tab.
- Execute the following Tasks: Delete GMetrix Templates Folder, Delete Test Resource Archives, Delete Cache.
- When you launch a test, GMetrix will ask you to download the necessary content for the test.