From GMetrix Support
Product Missing Essential Files
If you get the message:
"The product you have selected is missing essential files. Please make sure that the correct version of Microsoft Office is installed on your computer. If the correct version is installed, ensure that the Microsoft office PIA is present. Information about the PIA can be found at www.gmetrix.net/support"
Here are a few things you need to verify and do:
- Make sure that you have the correct version of Office on your computer. You need to have the same version of Office as the test you are trying to take. If you are taking the Word 2010 test, for example, you will get this message if you have Office 2007 or 2013.
- You can only have one version of Office on the computer. You may get this message if you have multiple versions of Office on the computer. GMetrix is not compatible with multiple versions.
- If you have multiple versions of Office, you will need to uninstall one version for GMetrix to work properly. After the extra version of Office has been uninstalled, you will need to do a repair of the version left on the computer.
- To uninstall a version of Office, open your Control Panel. Go to Add/Remove programs or Uninstall a program, depending on the operating system you are using. Find the version of Microsoft Office you need to uninstall and right click on it. Select Uninstall.
- To repair Office, open your Control Panel. Go to Add/Remove programs or Uninstall a program, depending on the operating system you are using. Find the version of Microsoft Office you wish to repair. Right click on it and select Change, then Repair.
- If you have the same version of Office as the test you're trying to take, there are two options. First, try a repair of Office. If this does not work, install the PIA files for Office. More information on the PIA files is available in the PIA Files article.