Welcome to GMetrix Support
Please select one of the articles from the menu to the left, or see the information below.
GMetrix SMS Version 5.2.599 Released
January 31, 2018
- Fixed an issue that was preventing SMS tests being launched from the Student Portal in Google Chrome version 64.
- Added support for launching SMS tests from Mozilla Firefox.
- Moved user language select to the login page.
- Added identifier badge to help distinguish Practice Exams from supplemental material.
- Fixed minor UI issues.
If you have any questions about the update, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Information Regarding Windows 10 Creator's Update
January 23, 2018
IMPORTANT: A new Windows Defender feature called Controlled Folder Access, included in the Windows 10 Creator's Updated, is known to cause issues with practice tests taken through the GMetrix SMS software. While this feature seems to be disabled by default, it is recommended that you either leave it disabled OR add GMetrix SMS to the program exceptions list before enabling it. We will provide more information and documentation about dealing with this issue at a later date.
Important Information Regarding Autodesk Practice Tests
November 30, 2017
IMPORTANT: Effective January 1, 2018, Autodesk Certified User and Autodesk Certified Professional practice tests for 2016/17/18 will no longer be available through the Online Student Portal (www.gmetrix.net). These tests will require that the GMetrix SMS software be installed on your computer. Tests selected from the Online Student Portal will be redirected to the GMetrix SMS software.
We are aware of a potential issue that occurs when resuming tests started on the Student Portal in the GMetrix SMS software. Therefore, it is recommended that you complete and submit any ACU or ACP saved tests that have been started in the Student Portal before December 31, 2017, and that you begin starting your tests through the GMetrix SMS software as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
GMetrix MOS Test Names Updated
July 5, 2017
The names of the MOS practice tests have been updated to help clarify the purpose of the different types of tests. Going forward, tests that are meant to replicate the format and objective content of the official exam shall be called Practice Exams. The tests that are available as supplementary material, which test on the concepts covered in the official exam but do not match the exam format, will be called Skill Reviews. This change does not affect custom tests. See the lists below for further clarification on which tests have been renamed.
- Microsoft Office 2010 Core Test > Microsoft Office 2010 Practice Exam
- Microsoft Office 2013 Project Test > Microsoft Office 2013 Practice Exam
- Microsoft Office 2016 Multi-Project Test > Microsoft Office 2016 Practice Exam
- Microsoft Office 2013 Core Test > Microsoft Office 2013 Skill Review
- Microsoft Office 2016 Core Test > Microsoft Office 2016 Skill Review
New Tutorial Videos Available!
- View Tutorial Videos that are available for Administrators HERE
Problems taking Practice Tests?
Check out our posts about the most common problems encountered when using the GMetrix Software: