Currently, the GMetrix SMS requires that all MOS add-ins be disabled to function properly.
You can disable add-ins with the following:
- Open the office program you are trying to test in (by itself) for example Microsoft Word.
- Go to File, Options, and add-ins (on the left)
- At the bottom make sure there is a drop down and that it says “COM Add-ins”
- Click the GO button.
- Disable ALL add-ins by unchecking them.
If you are testing for SharePoint 2010 there is a required add-in needed. You will also need to be running GMetrix v4.5.
If you already have GMetrix installed on the system, uninstall GMetrix through Programs and Features in the Control Panel. Then before reinstalling locate the leftover GMetrix folders and delete them from the following locations in your file manager:
- C:\ProgramData (shortcut is %programdata%)
- C:\Program Files (x86)
- C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming (shortcut is %appdata%)
Then download the SMS installer required (4.5) here:
It also requires a SharePoint add-in activated in your Office install. The Add-in download is here:
Using version 4.5 of the software with this add-in enabled should allow you to test Share Point 2010.